Using Visual J# in a first programming course.

I'm considering using VJ# in a first programming course in addition to or in
place of
JBuilder and the J2SE. Given install problems other students have had, VJ#
seems like a nice alternative.
I expect criticism. But:
1. Most of my students are using WinXP.
2. VJ#.Net Express is free and has an outstanding GUI.
3. Code written in VJ#, via the Mono Project could always be ported to other
platforms.
4. Java compiler source seems close to moving into Open Source - I think!

What is the groups opinion
TIA
Bob

  • Java College Course using VJ#
    ... JBuilder and the J2SE. ... Given install problems other students have had, ... Most of my students are using WinXP. ... Java compiler source seems close to moving into Open Source - I think! ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.vjsharp)
  • Re: Java College Course using VJ#
    ... Most of my students are using WinXP. ... via the Mono Project could always be ported to ... Java compiler source seems close to moving into Open Source - I think! ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.vjsharp)