Declining Popularity of Java?

Has anyone else been sensing a widespread decline in the popularity of
Java?

When I search the major job boards, and compare the quantity of Java
searches with C#, using just those search terms, Java comes back with
more hits.

But if I exclude occurances where "Java" occurs inside Javascript, it
looks like C# generally has Java beat in terms of quantity of jobs
available by a roughly 2:1 ration. Obviously javascript itself
applies to web browsers thus all Internet related development,
regardless of the back end language.

I've been doing both languages for some time and I am finding my
client's generally more satisfied with the solutions we delivered in
C#.

Any thoughts on future trends? Please no language flamewars, I am
looking for legitimate discussions. I was one of the original
proponents of Java but I'm seeing some major shifts in the industry
here.

  • Re: Java inside Javascript
    ... but isn't it possible to use JSP with JavaScript as the script language? ... The java on a JSP runs on the server. ... JavaScript as the scripting language in section JSP.1.8.1 of the 2.0 ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: unchecked cast
    ... I don't see why EL expressions are any better than java expressions. ... The development of complex, powerful tag-based systems is basically the creation of a programming language like any other, albeit one with a grotesque syntax and a primitive, badly thought out design. ... Smart companies uses tools like GWT to generate JavaScript or AJAX taglibs instead of writing JavaScript manually. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Should I learn C before Java ?
    ... Because JavaScript code initially ran -- and still frequently ... is the case for Java. ... The language itself is a very interesting, and fully object-oriented, ... fully formed core API to complement the language. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: What do you LISPers think of Haskell?
    ... Why is C++ a bad choice of language then?What was the language they ... Javascript and for valid reasons. ... C++ or Java would be the only possible reasonable ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: java & java script
    ... > i know that java script is a language thats embedded in the html of the ... Java is an object oriented programming language. ... Javascript is a scripting language, ... Javascript runs in a client's browser. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)