Re: Java, was Re: Be afraid of XML

From: Tayssir John Gabbour (tayss_temp2_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/06/04

Date: 6 Apr 2004 08:39:25 -0700

dave_a_fisher@yahoo.com (David Fisher) wrote in message news:<14030ca9.0404052030.3b122fc4@posting.google.com>...
> OK, you got my attention. Sounds like this could make a great advocacy
> example (for those who are interested). Post your awesome 25 Elisp
> lines!

If this will find personal use or for advocacy, let me grow the ball
of mud a little more, because what has evolved for my personal needs
just may not hit the spot for others. (Someone else showed interest
in email.)

Peter's first pass has 17 non-comment lines, and there are others:
http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/practical-building-a-unit-test-framework.html
http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/practical-extending-the-unit-test-framework.html
http://www.cliki.net/Test%20Framework

A test system can evolve very simply. What I initially just wanted
was a list of expressions which all evaluated to true or false; the
false ones caused something to be printed or a debugger visit. Few
lines. To support comments, we can just detect the comment prelude,
suck in the comment, perhaps print it and go on. Should tests rerun
later with a single command? We can store them somewhere.