Re: Java, was Re: Be afraid of XML

From: Tayssir John Gabbour (
Date: 04/06/04

Date: 6 Apr 2004 08:39:25 -0700 (David Fisher) wrote in message news:<>...
> OK, you got my attention. Sounds like this could make a great advocacy
> example (for those who are interested). Post your awesome 25 Elisp
> lines!

If this will find personal use or for advocacy, let me grow the ball
of mud a little more, because what has evolved for my personal needs
just may not hit the spot for others. (Someone else showed interest
in email.)

Peter's first pass has 17 non-comment lines, and there are others:

A test system can evolve very simply. What I initially just wanted
was a list of expressions which all evaluated to true or false; the
false ones caused something to be printed or a debugger visit. Few
lines. To support comments, we can just detect the comment prelude,
suck in the comment, perhaps print it and go on. Should tests rerun
later with a single command? We can store them somewhere.