Re: Bottom-Up Programming vs Application Frameworks.

From: Daniel Barlow (dan_at_telent.net)
Date: 10/02/04

Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:59:07 +0100

cameron_ross@bestech.com (Cameron Ross) writes:

> Does anyone have opinions regarding how bottom-up programming relates
> to the development of application frameworks? Specifically, I'm
> looking for pros, cons, similarities, differences etc.

Bottom up programming is typically practiced by people who don't fully
understand the problem domain and are experimenting with the best
approach.

Framework creation is typically practiced by people who still don't
fully understand the problem domain, but have an unfortunate
combination of arrogance and lack of introspective ability, so fail to
realise that more exploration is needed.

OK, that's flamebait, but I'm sticking to it. If you show me a
useful framework I will counter by reclassifying it as a platform.

-dan

--
"please make sure that the person is your friend before you confirm"