Corman Lisp: problem with inferior-lisp mode

I'm running Corman Lisp 2.51 as an inferior Lisp process in EMacs, on
Windows XP.

The problem is that when I try to run my OpenGL program as a thread in
the Corman Lisp Console process, it doesn't work. It comes back from
CREATE-THREAD, as if it created the thread and everything is fine and
dandy, but my OpenGL window doesn't come up.

However, if I am just running the CLConsole.exe program by itself, and
I load my program into it and create its thread, it works fine.

So the question is, what's different when it is running as a process in
EMacs? I mean, you do see "CLConsole.exe" in the Task List when it is
running under EMacs, so you'd think it was an independent program
capable of creating its own windows and doing whatever it wants. But
something seems to be different, and I don't know what.

  • Re: slime + SBCL on Windows XP
    ... I'd prefer not to switch over to Corman Lisp if possible. ... Does anyone have a working slime config running on windows at all? ... back slashes. ... As a general rule of thumb, on Win32 in emacs, it's easier to use ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Good Lisp editor for Win
    ... I didn't care for emacs either. ... because Windows has certain standard keystrokes that are second ... For a while I tried Corman Lisp but when you try and create GUI's it ... up for Windows like keystrokes, copy, cut and paste, etc. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Corman Lisp: problem with inferior-lisp mode
    ... Pascal Costanza wrote: ... >> I'm running Corman Lisp 2.51 as an inferior Lisp process in EMacs, ... >> Windows XP. ... > Corman Lisp has its own mailing list. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... I'm not talking about Windows GUI paradigms. ... (Or emacs using, or vi ... This is not some "learned GUI convention". ... love for using the scrollbar as a search tool that is puzzling. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... course you can use emacs as an email client if you wish. ... I prefer the computer to do all the memorization while I ... Sounds like making a selection is a bunch of extra work. ... Emacs key bindings precede DOS and Windows' key bindings. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)