Re: How knowing Lisp destroyed my programming career

Ron Garret wrote:
Looking back, I actually don't think I was ever a very good programmer. I just happened to have the good fortune to recognize a good thing when I saw it, and used the resulting leverage to build a successful career. But I credit much of my success to the people who designed Common Lisp.

So shouldn't the thread title be "How Lisp Made Me Look Good So I Could Get Hired By A Booming Company and Get Rich Off Options"?

I think your only problem is with thread titles. Of course if you are just trying to make yourself the center of attention...

:)

ken

"Have you ever been in a relationship?"
Attorney for Mary Winkler, confessed killer of her
minister husband, when asked if the couple had
marital problems.
.