Re: Java is going to have closures.
- From: Novus <novus@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 02:04:30 -0400
On 2006-08-27 21:38:27 -0400, "joh" <slugo@xxxxxxxxx> said:
David Steuber wrote:I don't think it matters what language features are adopted. One of
the things that makes Lisp special is the development environment.
You're in a running Lisp session and dynamically adding and changing
definitions. You can even break the execution of a Lisp session and
make changes from in the debugger.
Until you can do that with Java, it won't be the same.
You can, if you use Eclipse.
I hope you weren't trying to imply Eclipse is a nice development environment.
And even if you were you still have to agree that it is a slow, bloated beast.
- Prev by Date: lisp virtual web hosting
- Next by Date: Re: Java is going to have closures.
- Previous by thread: Re: Java is going to have closures.
- Next by thread: Re: Java is going to have closures.