Re: Web nondeterminism modeled after prolog (sort of)?

joh wrote:

but my basic point
I think is still valid -- if you delete back to a cut point, you may
invalidate earlier continuations on multiple branches. But again, that
looked like a problem in your example, but probably isn't if you're
more careful about placing your cut point.

I think the whole point of the cut operator is to invalidate earlier
continuations even if they are on other computation branches...
I am not aware if any framework's doing something
so fancy. It might turn out to be unruly in practice.

In my mind though, the benefit of user feedback is greater than
the memory efficiency. The cut operator provides a controlled way
for the programmer to communicate to the user that certain of his
actions are no longer valid.

.