Re: simple wxcl example?

Bill Atkins wrote:
Ken Tilton <kentilton@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

But why are you confused? Have you tried Cells in anger? If so, why
does my current opinion matter? If not, ten years of my prior opinion
clearly does not matter.

I've played around with it a little, and thought it was pretty neat.
But I'd say it does matter if Cell's author and biggest advocate
starts to suggest that it's not so good anymore.

They did not invent them, but Gabriel has denounced OOP and Graham has denounced CL -- come to think of it, Norvig dumped CL for Python. Heck, speaking of inventors, I think McCarthy does not like CL per se. He and another Lisp Legend closed ILC '2005 by slamming CL mercilessly.

Why are we all still happily using CL and CLOS? We think they were wrong based on the merits of the technology in question. (Hint.)

If you want moral support for your interest in Cells (thx, btw), go look at how Adobe is betting the ranch on Adam, which is an absolute joke compared to Garnet/KR, COSI, and Cells. Yet they still love it.

hth, ken

  • Re: simple wxcl example?
    ... Ken Tilton writes: ... does my current opinion matter? ... ten years of my prior opinion ... clearly does not matter. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: MetaCollider update
    ... There are two algorithm types: labyrinths and cells. ... Matter labyrinths are closely connected ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.development)
  • Re: Evolution vs Abiogenesis
    ... matter of logistics. ... Origin -> Destination ... "Yoshiko Sasai at the RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology in Kobe, ... shows that both mouse and human embryonic stem cells can ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: IF & MAX Formula
    ... Sandy, thanks for the help. ... want a 1 returned no matter how many matches there are. ... amounts in the cells that its pointing to. ... you gave me below wouldn't work because its only looking at cell A23 when ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Autosum in a simple table
    ... Empty rows, and cells containing only text, including space characters ... between the totals row and the first numeric row don't matter. ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... Then i would like to create a autosum en do this with a fieldformula ...
    (microsoft.public.word.tables)