Re: Compiling Lisp

Well, by standalone I mean that the executable doesn't need the clisp
executable or the clisp image.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

We don't work much on windows, but that's useful to know, just in case
we ever need to, in the future.

At any rate, it answers the O.P.'s question.

cygwin, or MS-Windows. Remember that clisp can be compiled natively
on MS-Windows, without cygwin.

Ah, I didn't know that; thanks for pointing it out.

  • Re: What is the more popular UNIX flavor?
    ... about my experience with Solaris and Cygwin. ... installing packages. ... needing eg tftp you only need to activate on a Unix system. ... probably need installing first on the equivalent Windows system. ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: Using PHP to parse specific XML tag content?
    ... XML --> HTML transformation in testing environment. ... run just fine under Windows using Cygwin, and, unless I'm ... And they aren't going to run cygwin on these systems, ... It's a programming language designed ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Cygwin or Windows: file permission functions are broken
    ... I don't find the explanation very clear (does "the Windows ... files (Cygwin touch, CMD.EXE copy, anything). ... the Windows permissions mask is way larger of a set than ... When under the "use filetest 'access'" the above-mentioned ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Good debugger?
    ... >>Any Tcl core that was built for windows doesn't have that problem. ... >Because Cygwin, by definintion, is not native. ... that's still in script form from prodebug. ... >>But if it can't coexist with native Tcl components, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: windows shell
    ... from the windows world. ... Cygwin compounds this by not making the default bash ... But this is a shell holy war waged by people who don't actually ... quick-edit and insert mode) nor allow useful fonts, ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)