Re: CLOS class in different packages

dneu@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I have a parent CLOS class and related generics defined in one
package, and have classes derived from the parent defined in other
packages. In order to access slots defined in the parent, from the
derived class, I had to either:

1. export them from the parent class, or
2. qualify them using the package name, e.g. parent::last-name

Option 1 seems to sort of "disconnect" the slot from it's class, and

"seems to sort of" IIANM translates as "does not" (and then you can take the I-do-not-really-mean-it antlers off disconnect).

Note that you /do/ "desire to access [the] slots" from a different package. Why making public something you want to be public constitutes "disconnect" needs clarification. :)

option 2 seems somewhat clumsy.

Is there another option?

Are you looking for that "friends" stuff from C++ (if I have that right, unless it was Java <g>). This is Lisp, we just shoot from the hip and do not worry about that stuff.

hth,kt

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd

  • Re: Pass variables from parent DTS to child DTS package...
    ... Pass variables from parent DTS to child DTS package... ... I have a parent DTS that calls a child DTS through ActiveX scripts. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • RE: Vista update problem
    ... In my case it was the anti virus client causing KB941649 not to install ... Appl: detect Parent, Package: ... Appl: detectParent: package: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Sequence of SSSI Package Configuration.
    ... TYPE: from parent package, ... I need to load 1st the connectionString to configuration DB then connect to ... Information: 0x40016040 at DumpAccountingToFile: The package is attempting ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • RE: Vista update problem
    ... Appl: detect Parent, Package: ... Appl: detectParent: package: ... updates to install them manually ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: CLOS class in different packages
    ... and have classes derived from the parent defined in other ... qualify them using the package name, ... `(let,(loop for slot-var in slot-vars ... and revert to WITH-SLOTS after fixing the ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)