help persuading/reassuring a client that I should use Lisp

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could give me some advice. There's a job I've just
taken on (a database driven web based virtual insurance policy thing)
which someone else had started previously in Java, but not got very far
at all and then walked away from. The previous programmer seemed to
generate an awful lot of code (using standard Java frameworks) which
achieved very little. Probably nothing in fact :)

Anyway, I'd really like to do it lisp, because I'm sure it would be
much quicker (basically I don't think I'd have time to do it in Java,
and I definitely wouldn't want to do it in PHP or Perl or anything).
The system will be in use for some time, and it's moderately complex.

The client has asked me for reassurance that CL is a good language to
use and that it could be picked up by another developer in the future
for maintenance/enhancement. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could
say to them?

Thanks,

-- David

  • re: thread
    ... >> And the message about handling these things at a strategic level ... >> whenever possible is enticing, ... > This book was written by two Sun engineers who work on the Java ... this was my original advice to the OP. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: [SLE] Java How-To (SuSE 8.x, RedHat 8.x)
    ... After reading both your advice and the reply from Roberto Dohnert, ... create a link to the new java, the above stuff seems to take care ... For the Mozilla plugin, Mozilla has the best info on that at ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Building a linked list
    ... buried amongst all the other excellent advice there. ... the ones who struggled hard to master the material, ... The Java Glossary ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: spyware PING: David
    ... > Java and was ultimately sued by Sun and Microsoft rightfully lost the ... > phase out the use of their application of Sun Java. ... David ... I was thinking about their advice to move away from using MS Java. ...
  • Re: What are options for Java development envrionments?
    ... "James Bond" wrote in message ... >> options regarding a java development environment. ... > believe I will take the advice of many and simply not use an advanced IDE ... > netbeans simply b/c it came with the SDK install, but I think I will leave ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)