Re: lost adding float

On Dec 7, 10:33 am, "John Thingstad" <john.things...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Seems reasonable to me. That is scientific notation.
6.846504e+7 means 6.846504 * 10^7= 6.846504 * 10000000 = 68456040

coming from vb where all things are wraped up. it would certainly take
sometime to get the lisp way - thanks.

What did you use to print the value:

store to a variabe call total and evaluated at repl - no wonder

CL-USER 7 > (format t "~&~7F~%" (with-input-from-string (is "6.846504e+7")
thanks i'll see if i can work on a function that will convert any
scientific notation to decimal numbers using format.

Many thanks

George

  • Re: DBMS and lisp, etc.
    ... boundaries in your system even if your crude backing store does not actually ... to toss out a real benefit of the DBMS and design around it at this point. ... structure and the simply "print" to save it, and then "read" to load it. ... you may want to look into some implementation specific bits of your Lisp, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: ILC2005: McCarthy denounces Common Lisp, "Lisp", XML, and Rahul
    ... > However, is Common Lisp source code, especially with reader macros, ... Reader macros have to return objects, ... If we are going to store structured data in files, ... let's pretend XML is useful. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: LISP & "The Art of Unix Programming"
    ... > have accessible state, the programs simply store it and let the individual ... > dictated by the Unix environment. ... The situation would be different if the lisp images were ... permament store. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Lisp Web Development and Application State
    ... With a running Lisp image instead of scripts run by the Web server, ... Elephant is an object store, ... plists in a hidden field called "state". ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: sbcl networking
    ... client is Java applet? ... Since the applet can not store it's state other ... than on server, I think, in this particular case it's OK. ... had enough skills to implement that myself, but 6 months Lisp ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)