Re: help persuading/reassuring a client that I should use Lisp

George Neuner wrote:
On 6 Dec 2006 02:35:58 -0800, "David" <hhdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think the bus thing _is_ what's on the clients mind. I'm starting to
get worried about buses to be honest - they do seem to be the leading
cause of hypothetical programmer death these days, as they've been
mentioned several times by people at the company I work for !!

In the US it is possible for a company to buy insurance against the
loss of a critical employee (such as a sole Lisp programmer). The
insurance provides funds for finding/training another person to fill
the job.

Yep. I had a $1m policy on my head at CliniSys. Glad I had forgotten that by the time the wheels started to come off, might not have slept so well.

:)

btw, Ron, that was 80kLOC of Lisp, all designed and mostly written by yours truly in two+ years, and had to be meta-designed to handle arbitrarly clinical trials varying widely in shape and size. Demos ran flawlessly despite extensive changes completed at 2am that morning. I think that stands up against two hundred people, ten years, and 500kloc of PL/I.

And you /had/ heard about it. :)

kt

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd