Re: help persuading/reassuring a client that I should use Lisp

Alain Picard <Alain.Picard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

For the record: I've worked on an instrumentation project, once,
and it was damn hard. And it wasn't even a hard real-time system.
My impresssion is that a regular program requires effort X,
then a program which must correctly control some hardware is X^2.
One which must do so in hard real time is probably like X^4, and
one which must do so in space, where you can't get at it, which
must run on special hardware, and survive launch, etc, is like X^10.

Well, at least it's only polynomial difficulty.... ;-)

--
Thomas A. Russ, USC/Information Sciences Institute
.