Re: merits of Lisp vs Python

Pillsy schrieb:
Jon Harrop wrote:

Pillsy wrote:

But going beyond that standard is not remotely the same thing as
ignoring it, since it explicitly provides for that possibility.

My point is that knocking up your own ad-hoc and informally specified
pattern matcher is not "going beyond the standard", it is most likely
ignoring decades of research...

Very possibly.

But I don't see why the same is going to be true of a vendor-provided
extension or third-party library that does pattern matching.

You don't need a vendor for adding that.
It might be possible that your PM is 30% less efficient than those made
by experts, but in the end you should be able to come up with something
very useful.
Decades of research helped to boost efficiency another 6%.

André