Re: lambda-returning defmacro, capture

(message (Hello 'Juho)
(you :wrote :on '(13 Dec 2006 19:26:15 GMT))
(

JS> No, it is undefined behaviour. The standard specifies (in 3.1.2.1.1)
JS> three kinds of variables, none of which VARR fits. The standard also
JS> doesn't specify what should be done for non-variables that are used
JS> syntactically like variables.

no, it IS a variable.

the standard defines what unbound variable is, but is it dynamic, lexical or
constant variable unbound? :)

looks like (setf (symbol-value 'varr) 1) creates a global binding, so it's
not a unbound variable.

i think you can assume that it's a dynamic variable when referenced in
top-level, since description of what dynamic varibles is is very vague :)

JS> It happens that all implementations I know of have chosen the same
JS> behaviour for this, and interpret VARR as referring to the value slot
JS> of the symbol (though sometimes with warnings of an undefined variable
JS> being used).

which ones produce warning? i've checked acl, lispworks, clisp and sbcl --
no one produces warnings.

i'm not sure, but i think unless we assume that this interpretation of
standard is correct, we can find a contradiction in standard -- that is much
worse than simply 'undefined behaviour'.

)
"People who lust for the Feel of keys on their fingertips (c) Inity")

  • AES supports long keys
    ... This standard specifies the Rijndael algorithm, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: C Strings not returning from a function
    ... I'm not so sure the standard specifies ... declaration for a function, that function is treated as if it returned int. ... which results in undefined behaviour. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Is C99 C?
    ... "This International Standard specifies the form and establishes the ... syntax and constraints of the C language", ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: negative zero and i-d result
    ... the standard specifies the result is i-d. ... Anticipating a typical answer I may get;-), yes, the standard also ...
    (comp.std.c)
  • Re: Anything to worry about (compiler warnings)?
    ... So I wanted to know if these warnings are something to worry about ... The first is telling you that the compiler can't see a declaration for ... Note that fdopen is not a standard C function; ... You could be passing a null pointer to open. ...
    (comp.lang.c)