Re: Editors with some support for Lisp?

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 23:42:54 -0500, Richard M Kreuter wrote:

Howdy,

What editors do folks know have support for Common Lisp syntax?

Not much comes up in a google for editors other than Emacs that
advertise having some support for Lisp (paren balancing, indentation).
I know that some vi implementations do, as would the editors in the
proprietary CLs. Any others?

(Note: I'm just making a survey. I'm about as happy with emacs as
somebody can get.)

Offhand, SCiTE and Kate (for KDE) (and by implication KDevelop). I don't
recall how good they are at indentation, though. Almost certainly not as
good as Emacs or a dedicated Lisp editor.

There are also loads of editors which don't *come with* support for Lisp,
but can be extended with new syntaxes. I imagine there's even third
party Lisp support for Visual Studio, somewhere.

  • Re: Lisp in a Box
    ... > Emacs in a compiler installation. ... It's not a matter of enjoyment. ... CLISP has got the best bignum support of any ... Lisp I've tried. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: SLIME + Windows 7 + XEmacs + CLISP 2.48 +/- quicklisp = Mission Impossible
    ... the current lispbox packages use CCL 1.6 which lags a bit behind ... a failure then there is a real problem with the Common Lisp ... That doesn't sound like support to me. ... Franz Lisp tailors emacs and slime for use with their Lisp product. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Windows Common LISP
    ... | the case (but I guess it's a paradox: do the "clueless" know that they ... and thus being much more comfortable with moded editors such ... work well with the monster chords Emacs wants. ... for coding Lisp in the hands of an expert (if your fingers permit ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Programmers Text Editor
    ... Perl & Lisp ... or if needed to run 2 or 3 different editors that would be fine too. ... i am very very happy with emacs. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Best Python Editor
    ... The leading programmer's editors are Emacs and Vim. ... support for working with Python. ...
    (comp.lang.python)