Re: Editors with some support for Lisp?

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 23:42:54 -0500, Richard M Kreuter wrote:

Howdy,

What editors do folks know have support for Common Lisp syntax?

Not much comes up in a google for editors other than Emacs that
advertise having some support for Lisp (paren balancing, indentation).
I know that some vi implementations do, as would the editors in the
proprietary CLs. Any others?

(Note: I'm just making a survey. I'm about as happy with emacs as
somebody can get.)

Offhand, SCiTE and Kate (for KDE) (and by implication KDevelop). I don't
recall how good they are at indentation, though. Almost certainly not as
good as Emacs or a dedicated Lisp editor.

There are also loads of editors which don't *come with* support for Lisp,
but can be extended with new syntaxes. I imagine there's even third
party Lisp support for Visual Studio, somewhere.
.