Re: Editors with some support for Lisp?

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 23:42:54 -0500, Richard M Kreuter wrote:

Howdy,

What editors do folks know have support for Common Lisp syntax?

Not much comes up in a google for editors other than Emacs that
advertise having some support for Lisp (paren balancing, indentation).
I know that some vi implementations do, as would the editors in the
proprietary CLs. Any others?

Jed operating in Emacs mode has highlighting, auto-indent, and paren
bouncing. I'm sure I could add such features to Nedit, say, or just about
any other programmable editor if I had any reason, making it somewhat
vacuous to claim that Jed really 'supports' Lisp. (Especially compared to
Emacs+Slime, which shows you the form's argument signature in the modeline.)

--
My address happens to be com (dot) gmail (at) usenet (plus) chbarts,
wardsback and translated.

  • Re: Lisp in a Box
    ... > Emacs in a compiler installation. ... It's not a matter of enjoyment. ... CLISP has got the best bignum support of any ... Lisp I've tried. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: SLIME + Windows 7 + XEmacs + CLISP 2.48 +/- quicklisp = Mission Impossible
    ... the current lispbox packages use CCL 1.6 which lags a bit behind ... a failure then there is a real problem with the Common Lisp ... That doesn't sound like support to me. ... Franz Lisp tailors emacs and slime for use with their Lisp product. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Windows Common LISP
    ... | the case (but I guess it's a paradox: do the "clueless" know that they ... and thus being much more comfortable with moded editors such ... work well with the monster chords Emacs wants. ... for coding Lisp in the hands of an expert (if your fingers permit ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Programmers Text Editor
    ... Perl & Lisp ... or if needed to run 2 or 3 different editors that would be fine too. ... i am very very happy with emacs. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Best Python Editor
    ... The leading programmer's editors are Emacs and Vim. ... support for working with Python. ...
    (comp.lang.python)