CLISP always outputs a newline when it exits

CLISP always outputs a newline when it exits. This is extremely wrong
if I'm using it in a pipeline and need precise control over what gets
output.

I can hack up a fix by doing:

(push (lambda () (setf *terminal-io* (make-broadcast-stream)))
*fini-hooks*)

But that seems a bit nasty. Is there a better method I've overlooked?

  • Re: CLISP always outputs a newline when it exits
    ... if I'm using it in a pipeline and need precise control over what gets ... you've affirmed about clisp things that are false. ... I can see where the newline is appended in the source ... lisp streams when you want to process unix flows, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Bash: pipe once more
    ... different processes to the main shell that starts the pipeline. ... the cd command is running in a subshell which exits when cd exits. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)