Re: Lisp Syntax - functions versus data

On Feb 27, 11:27 am, André Thieme
Here you have passed the literal list (LAMBDA (X) (+ 3 X)) as a
function, because you quoted that form: Instead you need to pass a
function.

What does it mean?
Instead of passing a function he should have passed a... function?

Sorry! What I meant to say was: he passed a (literal) list as an
argument to a function which was expecting that argument to be a
function.

It was early in the morning, and the cat wrote it anyway.

--tim

  • Re: BJC Norwich HLGCB and show report
    ... Going to The Fat ... Cat pub ... passing workshops. ... passing workshop and it was often too windy outside. ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Another ghost cat encounter
    ... You might recall that I posted a couple years ago about my brother's cat ... Samantha, a beautiful Siamese, passing away. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Idiots Behind the Wheel.
    ... Yeah the Mexicans automatically expect slow traffic to use the shoulder for a lane if there's enough room. ... Most of the time that passing down the middle stuff is ok--when you're expecting it. ... Four across on a two lane highway is not my idea of fun. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Im Gone
    ... we'd probably be witnessing The Passing of ... Rastb5m. ... it would just limp along till the next B5 project resusitated ... And there will be a next B5 project, the cat outside on my porch promised ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: Offshore Outsourcing
    ... > Shrodinger's cat ... Just a passing comment... ...
    (comp.programming)