Re: Switch from SBCL to Erlang backend due to scalability issues(GC).

michael.warnock@xxxxxxxxx <michael.warnock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also, we spent over 2 months trying to track
down the source of garbage, and certainly hadn't decided to definitely
go with Erlang *ever*, at that point, much less immediately. In fact,
if Franz had ever clearly said that when our trial license ran out, we
could use it on our server without paying any per-player fees or
giving them points in our company, we would have at least tried that
before moving to Erlang (because of acache/graph). Or if we had the
money, we would have paid an SBCL dev to consult for us.

Fwiw, I would've been happy to at least have a look at the this given
access to the problematic image, without getting paid for doing
consulting. Or if granting that access would not have been an option
to you, at least given you some further tips for tracking down the
problem. For example, given then way your application seems to have
been structured, it would've been possible to periodically do
non-conservative gcs.

Not that it matters now :-) Good luck with the new system!

--
Juho Snellman
.