Re: Theory Y Algebra screenshots, or, What can you do with Lisp in one year?
- From: Ken Tilton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:28:21 -0400
Dan Bensen wrote:
Ken Tilton wrote:
Have you thought about putting this on the
interwebs? I like the idea of accumulating statistics
on what mistakes students are actually making, and doing
global upgrades on short notice. You could also market
directly to parents and adult-education students.
It will be somewhat interwebby, tho it is a desktop install. I'll keep their profile on a server so they can log in from any system on which the software has been installed and pick up where they left off. And I'll do the "new version is available, want to DL and install?" thing to grease the update skids.
As for true interwebby, just waiting for some yobbo to turn SBCL into a Lisp browser plug-in. :)
Yeah, last time I was 50-50 home and school. And of the school a solid chunk was community college.
Spoke to a CC prof at the show who was practically crying about the situation. He said they offered pre-curriculum course in Algebrs. And Pre-Algebra. And arithmetic. Hundreds and hundreds of enrollees.
Music to my mercenary ears. Tho one soul is trying to get me to make it free. Not out of the question, just not yet.
"As long as algebra is taught in school,
there will be prayer in school." - Cokie Roberts
"Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra."
- Fran Lebowitz
"I'm an algebra liar. I figure two good lies make a positive."
- Tim Allen
"Algebra is the metaphysics of arithmetic." - John Ray
- Prev by Date: Re: Your Top Ten Lisp URLs ?
- Next by Date: Re: Theory Y Algebra screenshots, or, What can you do with Lisp in one year?
- Previous by thread: Re: Theory Y Algebra screenshots, or, What can you do with Lisp in one year?
- Next by thread: Re: Theory Y Algebra screenshots, or, What can you do with Lisp in one year?