Re: I finally understand why I'm not allowed to use Lisp

This is common practice, e.g.

http://drh.svnrepository.com/svn/lcc/trunk/src/lex.c

My suspicion is that this is slightly different -- that code appears to have
been automatically-generated by lex, not written by a human being. In that
case, it's quite reasonable to write things out in order to boost efficiency.
Plus, nothing in that example looks directly analogous to what was being
complained about before; there's nowhere that could be _trivially_ converted
into a loop (i.e. same condition being checked and only the index differs.)

-- Glenn Willen

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Displaying a large amount of data quickly (VB6)
    ... Tom Bates wrote: ... > It kinda looks like my suspicion might be correct - that anything ... > involving a loop of VB code would be too slow. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.controls)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: looping through IP address range
    ... Stephany Young wrote: ... Hmmm, I have a suspicion the OP's first example contained a typo where the ... But comparing it with other examples, maybe it means it should loop ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)