Re: How to change external-format in SBCL (c-string encoding error)

Mathias Dahl <mathias.dahl@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
[...]
I have tried to change the default format like this, but I have no
idea if I am on the right track:

* (setf sb-impl::*default-external-format*) :UTF-8)

It does not solve my problem however, so it seems there are other
internal variables in SBCL that determines the encoding to use in the
call to (SB-UNIX:UNIX-STAT "/big/dat/gfx/mp3/artist/Tommy Körberg").

Any ideas on how to tackle this?

LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_CTYPE
sbcl ...

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
guaranteed.
.