A small yoke

http://norvig.com/experiment-design.html

I beg you excuses for my poor English.

I just read the future of Lisp and this is a small yoke I found in
reddit about http://norvig.com/experiment-design.html

Hello doctor Norvig, i have a strange decease:

My face is now yellow, my body is blue, my feet are black.

Oh well, i have wonderful statistics for you. There is only a case
like yours in the world, we have spent 20 million dollars to detect
your illness, but know we now that our 99.99 % exact test only give
you an small chance to have this illness, thats all.

Well doctor, thanks for that good information.

No so much, this costs 2000 dollars, there is a lot of investigation
costs to achieve this conclusion and cure.

By, i fax you a check.

Later i found an old doctor called ya-hoo.

Hello Helen, why are you in this colour?

I don't know, but i remember my grandmother has the same illness and
it disappeared when she took some fresh vegetables.

That's wonderful, i think that the solution for your problem. Good-by
Helen.

Question: (too lazy to ask one)

Answer: No one would make a test without prior knowledge, so Helen
probability of having the illness is not one in 5000 millions, but
perhaps one in ten or so:

Is this an small error?

I hope Lisp have a better future.

  • Re: A small yoke
    ... you an small chance to have this illness, ... I hope Lisp have a better future. ... I signed you off because of your poor English, ... register would be a node on the network, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: A small yoke
    ... you an small chance to have this illness, ... No so much, this costs 2000 dollars, there is a lot of investigation ... I hope Lisp have a better future. ... I especially liked the Sagan quote "Extraordinary claims require ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: A small yoke
    ... you an small chance to have this illness, ... I especially liked the Sagan quote "Extraordinary claims require ... Slobodan Blazeski ... What is lisp for me? ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Hangup for many AMFers - my announcement of FM cure
    ... In my specific illness there is uncertainty. ... never fibromyalgia, but mimiced mild fibromyaglia. ... You and your doctor think that just ... the symptoms of FM and for your doctor how to properly diagnose it. ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: Quick shopping list
    ... I've heard that those who don't accept that they have an illness are the ... The real suicide risks are the ones who never ... There can also be a problem when the person's family and friends do not ... He had seen a doctor a few weeks before his death because he was having ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)