Re: Walking a list

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:40:59 +0200, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

Indeed, and my reasoning doesn't involve presence or absence of a
"previous" link, but the presence of absence of ANY link, vs the
pointer arithmetic used. When you follow links, you don't do pointer
arithmetic in C. When you do pointer arithmetic in C you aren't
dealing with lists, but with vectors (what they call "arrays").

Those aren't usually circular, though, so while I think that the OP was
probably just being unreasonably flip, perhaps he's using some magic C++
iterator juju and calling it C by mistake.

Where's the harm in asking for more information, or just jumping straight
to offering caddr or nth as options?

Cheers,

--
Andrew

  • Re: two lines same meaning
    ... While the absence of life and the presence of death are not exactly the same ... another resulting much richer tonal effects (a reinforcement phenomenon as ...
    (rec.music.indian.misc)
  • Re: Proposal: 6NF
    ... This includes the absence of a message. ... Codd did make some proposals regarding NULLs. ... NULLs may have been a mistake. ... In fact, other than use as an end-of-string marker, I suspect ...
    (comp.databases.theory)
  • Re: The Pope does not back intelligent design
    ... Gareth McCaughan wrote: ... experientially present - the presence of what is as opposed to the ... absence of what isn't? ... where I'm coming from is that I'm wondering whether deconversion is ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] How T-Mobils network was compromised
    ... > Yes, and thats why i said, that original quote is not always true ... > absence of that specific flaw or vulnerability. ... You can test for the presence of the ones we ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Conficker C and Ron Rivest
    ... something is secure until the presence of an exploit is shown. ... seeking the absence of exploits, not a mere lack of proof of their ... most of them than AES, because of its higher RAM requirements. ... application where RC4 would be ok. ...
    (sci.crypt)