Re: newbie: Emacs require cl - other Lisps
- From: Pascal Costanza <pc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:38:43 +0200
Didier Verna wrote:
Tamas Papp <tkpapp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You are getting it wrong. Emacs Lisp is not the "standard" from which
other Lisps deviate, it is a special purpose Lisp for the Emacs
editor. For general programming, people use either Common Lisp or
As a matter of fact, Emacs Lisp is probably the worst Lisp
dialect ever :-) I, for one, would like to replace XEmacs's lisp engine
by a true Common Lisp one. But I know at least one other XEmacs
maintainer who would strongly disagree... his name is Mike Sperber.
See the problem ? :-)
You could try to agree on ISLISP, which should be easier to access from both Common Lisp and Scheme.
My website: http://p-cos.net
Common Lisp Document Repository: http://cdr.eurolisp.org
Closer to MOP & ContextL: http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/
- Prev by Date: does ur lisp support Terracotta?
- Next by Date: Re: New web framework for Lisp
- Previous by thread: Re: newbie: Emacs require cl - other Lisps
- Next by thread: Re: newbie: Emacs require cl - other Lisps