Re: Why does the SBCL REPL suck so bad?

Erik R. wrote:
I'm new to lisp and just starting my first program. I must state
upfront that I can't stand emacs. That might be blasphemous in this
newsgroup, but I'm sorry...I just don't like it at all. I've got
Eclipse and CUSP (attaching to SBCL) set up and it seems to be a
pretty good lisp IDE so far. The only problem is that in-package
doesn't work in the CUSP REPL, so I've just run SBCL directly and have
loaded my project and am testing my functions as I write them.

But what's killing me is the extreme unusability of the SBCL REPL.

Where do I send the check? I can do Direct Deposit if you like.

Get ACL or LW, SBCL is "free" as in PWUAHAHAHAHHHAAAAAHAHAHAA!!!!

OTOH, it did just reach Release 1.0 recently, we had a big party, everyone was very....PWUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!

kenny

  • SLIME killed my computer!
    ... The funny thing is, if I start SLIME from within Emacs, using SBCL as my ... Lisp, it crashes the laptop so badly that I have no option but to hit the ... is tickling a bug in the kernel. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Slime package configuration and SBCL
    ... I use Emacs with the Slime package for interaction with SBCL; ... prompt (using the Lisp load-function or something). ...
    (comp.emacs)
  • Re: Amazon used lisp & C exclusively?
    ... Same SLIME version, same SBCL version, same emacs ... creating a new account with a clean .emacs and environment--no joy. ... a huge c.l.l flamewar won't magically fix it. ... I'm going to guess that you're using a CVS snapshot of ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: [Newbie] How can I start ? SBCL+Slime+Emacs+Vista32
    ... Got No Luck. ... That is unfortunate. ... It looks like that emacs cannot start SBCL (did you look in the ... I will assume that emacs does not manage to start sbcl. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: advice for a Lisp newbie
    ... with Emacs Lisp. ... that it'd be applicable outside of Emacs. ... I've seen that SBCL is a popular version of CL and integrates with Emacs ... X and doing sudo apt-get install sbcl doesn't seem to find anything. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)