Re: Question about working with mixed signed integers

jkc wrote:
On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 21:00:48 -0400, Zach Beane wrote:

[quoted text muted]

Thanks to both of you, I have a much better idea what's going on now. I've
coded up some test functions and was playing around with optimization. It
seems like since the types are known that it should be possible to exploit
that. But everything I tried in the way of coercion actually made things
*much slower*.

Is there any way to make this go faster?

I don't have the energy to test this now, but would you see a speedup if you used arrays instead of single integers? What if you declare the functions to be inline? I'm guessing that boxing individual values is costing a large portion of your time.

- Daniel
.