Re: Visualize class inheritance

Frank Goenninger DG1SBG wrote:
Joubert Nel <joubert.nel@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,

Does anybody use a tool that can take a bunch of files with CL code
and generate a graphic that shows the inheritance tree of classes
defined in those files?

Joubert

PS: I don't care about the slots, generic functions, methods, etc.

Hi -

I am enjoying the LispWorks IDE now for about three days and I just
love it. It does have a class browser - and a function call browser, a
system browser, a ... well, lot's of stuff. LW Personal
Edition. Free. Installs in 5 min (including DL time for me).

The interesting thing to me is that the OP asked for something vastly different and un-Lispy. You describe a Lisp compiler, repl, and full blown IDE, he just wants to get from Lisp source to a reasonable visualization. Yes, a compiler/IDE is a "tool", but I am somehow hearing "without compiling the whole damn thing".

If I am mistaken, the tool I would suggest is PRINT.

kenny

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"We are what we pretend to be." -Kurt Vonnegut

  • Re: Attempt to de-mystify AJAX
    ... I don't like javaScript having its guts hanging out in the browser. ... compiler. ... strengths - the conceptual similarities make it much ... outweighs any advantages in 'rigor and discipline' it may offer. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: off-topic: open challenge to Christian Lynbeck
    ... > because your Lisp compiler couldn't do it for you. ... devoid of tedious type declarations. ... programmer constantly to be tending to this chore or even grinding to a ... the Lisp compiler effectively to compile C++ instead of Lisp. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: off-topic: open challenge to Christian Lynbeck
    ... > because your Lisp compiler couldn't do it for you. ... devoid of tedious type declarations. ... programmer constantly to be tending to this chore or even grinding to a ... the Lisp compiler effectively to compile C++ instead of Lisp. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: off-topic: open challenge to Christian Lynbeck
    ... > because your Lisp compiler couldn't do it for you. ... devoid of tedious type declarations. ... programmer constantly to be tending to this chore or even grinding to a ... the Lisp compiler effectively to compile C++ instead of Lisp. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: off-topic: open challenge to Christian Lynbeck
    ... > because your Lisp compiler couldn't do it for you. ... devoid of tedious type declarations. ... programmer constantly to be tending to this chore or even grinding to a ... the Lisp compiler effectively to compile C++ instead of Lisp. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)