Re: New Lisp on the block

On Nov 9, 3:34 am, Joost Diepenmaat <jo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:01:34 -0800, jos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
There is no 32bit Intel implementation for Clozure CL. It will only run
in 64bit Mode on Intel processors. There are 32bit and 64bit versions
for PowerPC Macs.

Yes, I noticed, that. I just tried to compile it just to make sure.

My question really is: will it (now/eventually) run on stock PC/intel
hardware - assuming a linux OS - besides Apple?

It runs in stock PC/Intel hardware, given that you have a 64bit
processor
and Linux or FreeBSD in versions supporting 64bit applications.

I don't know under which OS the 32bit Intel version will run, but I
would expect at least
Linux and Mac OS X.

I'm only asking because the posting and the website seem to go out of
their way to not answer it with the (to my eyes obvious) answer of "yes".

Joost.

  • Re: New Lisp on the block
    ... run in 64bit Mode on Intel processors. ... versions for PowerPC Macs. ... It runs in stock PC/Intel hardware, given that you have a 64bit ... and Linux or FreeBSD in versions supporting 64bit applications. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: New Lisp on the block
    ... in 64bit Mode on Intel processors. ... for PowerPC Macs. ... I just tried to compile it just to make sure. ... their way to not answer it with the (to my eyes obvious) answer of "yes". ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Newbie question: Can Intel run 64-bit LINUX?
    ... I am sure this can run RHEL 4, 64-bit LINUX but unfortunately my IT ... what Intel Processors can run 64-bit LINUX? ... very common? ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • IDS 10 for Linux
    ... Does anyone have a feeling for how well, or otherwise, IDS 10 for Linux will ... work on AMD/Opteron rather than Intel processors? ...
    (comp.databases.informix)