Re: New Lisp on the block

On Nov 9, 3:34 am, Joost Diepenmaat <jo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:01:34 -0800, jos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
There is no 32bit Intel implementation for Clozure CL. It will only run
in 64bit Mode on Intel processors. There are 32bit and 64bit versions
for PowerPC Macs.

Yes, I noticed, that. I just tried to compile it just to make sure.

My question really is: will it (now/eventually) run on stock PC/intel
hardware - assuming a linux OS - besides Apple?

It runs in stock PC/Intel hardware, given that you have a 64bit
processor
and Linux or FreeBSD in versions supporting 64bit applications.

I don't know under which OS the 32bit Intel version will run, but I
would expect at least
Linux and Mac OS X.

I'm only asking because the posting and the website seem to go out of
their way to not answer it with the (to my eyes obvious) answer of "yes".

Joost.

.