CLOS persistence

I've got some classes, with millions of instances. So much that it is
easy to get running out of memory.
My simple question is:

Is there any way to manage all of this clases through a database? I'm
not saying just persist them, but also getting them out of memory so
I can work from the database when needed?
I don't want to reimplement all of the program, I'm looking for a
solution like MOP or something like that.

Any help?

  • Re: dataset Performence Issue
    ... Microsoft that a DataSet is okay to abuse as a DataBase. ... Managed Code can never be as fast and as optimized ... very good for 90% of the situations i.e. normal memory usage, ... Merge/GetChanges - and oh lets not forget keeping your disconnected cache ...
  • Re: To Normalize or not ??
    ... The problem is that when you run a split database, ... save a word document (it is in memory, and thus does not get saved). ... ms-access is different then excel or word. ... database server. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: TimesTen and In Memory Databases.....
    ... I have been assigned to evaluate the TimesTen in memory database ... Please note I am not a DBA but I do have quite a bit of systems ... This can hurt TimesTen performance (and Oracle ... Right - link Times Ten into your application memory, ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Can I Trust Pointer Arithmetic In Re-Allocated Memory?
    ... and leaving the database in an undefined state. ... memory and leave data it arrived unchanged. ... have already allocated with a null pointer. ... SOME people have to clean up in that fashion. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Memory leak in ASP.NET web site
    ... > I have a web app that makes many queries to the database on every page. ... > string to a method and I am passed a datareader or else individual values ... > There is a horrible memory leak in this application. ... > restored until SQL Server and IIS services are restarted. ...