Doing the unthinkable?

Hi All,

I'm on an intel mac, OS X 10.4, and am contemplating actually
purchasing software. (Yeah, I know!)

I'm testing LispWorks Personal and Allegro CL (with 30 day demo), and
manged to get both environments connected (with postmodern and pals)
to my postgres db. Both seem to offer concurrent threads (still
looking into that).

I like the LW IDE. Real fancy. The GUI cocoa/aqua support sounds nice.
Haven't looked at the X11 too much. Unfortunately, it seems the ACL
IDE doesn't work on a mac. Too bad, cause I'd like to test that...

Anyone care to share their experiences with these environments,
especially on OS X? I'm not hell-bent on buying either one, and if I
do it might not be for a while. If there's a good free lisp that
supports FFI, Threads, maybe gui work, then I'd love to hear about
that too!

Thanks

-Jason

  • Re: Doing the unthinkable?
    ... I'm on an intel mac, OS X 10.4, and am contemplating actually ... Anyone care to share their experiences with these environments, ... supports FFI, Threads, maybe gui work, then I'd love to hear about ... and I am very pleased withh the quality of the product. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Doing the unthinkable?
    ... I'm on an intel mac, OS X 10.4, and am contemplating actually ... If there's a good free lisp that ... supports FFI, Threads, maybe gui work, then I'd love to hear about ... make sure that libraries you want to ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • install Eiffel Studio 5.7 (Intel build) on Max OS X 10.4.7
    ... Is there anybody downloaded the ISE_EIFFEL IDE EiffelStudio5.7 for ... I have followed the steps and set up the environment path variables and ... However when I launch the application from OS X it wouldn't run. ...
    (comp.lang.eiffel)