Re: Reasons to choose CLISP over other free implementations
- From: "John Thingstad" <jpthing@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:45:17 +0100
På Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:56:10 +0100, skrev Javier <javuchi@xxxxxxxxx>:
What are actually the reasons to choose CLISP over other free
I believe there are some. Compared to SBCL, for example:
- Fast bignum operations.
- Fast CLOS instantiations.
- Much faster compiler speed, which is nice for big projects.
- Better memory management. SBCL (and CMUCL) tends to do not return
unallocated memory and wastes a lot of OS virtual memory.
- Better memory footprint. It just need about 4 Mb of memory at
- Better debugger. CLISP usually allows you to choose from more
options when an error occurs in the debugger.
- Better internationalization. Most messages are translated into
What do you think about? Any more ideas?
To slow with byte interpretation. I might as well use python..
- Prev by Date: Re: Reasons to choose CLISP over other free implementations
- Next by Date: Re: NYC LOCAL: Thursday 29 November 2007 UNIGROUP: Heow Eide-Goodman on Ruby on Rails
- Previous by thread: Re: Reasons to choose CLISP over other free implementations
- Next by thread: Re: Reasons to choose CLISP over other free implementations