Re: Reasons to choose CLISP over other free implementations

"js" == Juho Snellman <jsnell@xxxxxx> writes:

js> Luckily I didn't advise people on what implementations they should not
js> use. There are good reasons to use clisp. I'm just saying that the
js> benchmarks you're misinterpreting aren't such reasons.

As the perpetrator of the cl-bench collection, I can second Juho's
recommendation. Several of the microbenchmarks included in the
collection are poorly designed, and don't test what they purport to
test; some of the Gabriel benchmarks are too small to be an adequate
test of modern machines.

I've been meaning to make a new release for a long time, and may
finally get around to it soon. If anyone has some interesting
CL benchmark code that can be freely redistributed and would
complement the existing tests, please send me email.

--
Eric Marsden

  • Re: Evolutionary benchmarks from prebiotic soup to Homo sapiens
    ... and that benchmark was selected for very good reasons. ... the ones specifically relating to the evolution of ... justifiable markers you could pick on that one line and the selection ... own modification of your list of benchmarks. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: list.pop(0) vs. collections.dequeue
    ... good reasons other than "it's too complicated, ... attention until there's a patch and benchmarks. ... the other simply advances the pointer. ... You should provide pybench numbers and probably also use the benchmarks ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: To 6.3 or to 7.0 that is the question?
    ... any other reasons to go for that instead of 6.3? ... I just did a rather busy customer mail server this morning and so far so good. ... We havent done any benchmarks to see if its faster than the 6.x boxes, but its certainly stable so far and seems to at least keep up to the other boxes. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Fastcode MM B&V 0.56
    ... >> Most MM's run through all Tests like a sharp knife through cheese, ... >> but some of them didn't complete, for various reasons. ... you mentioned that all validations passed for all MMs ... a number of Benchmarks didn't work for all MMs. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.language.basm)