Re: Which UI library am I looking for?

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:39:36 -0800 (PST)
Neil Baylis <neil.baylis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mar 5, 11:47 am, Joost Diepenmaat <jo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Neil Baylis <neil.bay...@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I'm looking for a UI library similar to ltk. I want the following
capabilities:

1. Antialiased text
2. Antialiased graphics (lines, circles, etc.)
3. Runs on OS X ppc
4. Runs on Linux X86
5. CL bindings. (openmcl, maybe sbcl)

As far as I know, clg (one of the Gtk2 interfaces) does that - I've
used it with sbcl on linux x86, at least, and it provides
antialiased text and graphics (using cairo).

Not sure about opencml or OSX though.

cells-gtk may also work, but I'm not sure that it provides an
interface to cairo (so that may mean less nice vector drawing).

--
Joost Diepenmaat | blog:http://joost.zeekat.nl/|
work:http://zeekat.nl/

Cairo would be nice. I'm holding off looking further into it until
they release their 1.6 version, supposedly any day now. But I think
Cairo is analogous to Quartz, being output only. I would still need a
way to deal with mouse events, yes?

Originally, I was leaning towards the combination of fltk and Cairo,
but it seemed that the CL libraries for both are in some disarray. I'm
not yet capable enough with CL to go and fix this, though maybe one
day.

Re clg, and cells-gtk: Does Gtk actually work with OSX? Somehow I got
it in my mind that they don't play nice together.

There's a native Gtk port for MacOS X.
You can find it here: http://developer.imendio.com/projects/gtk-macosx