Re: Lisp and robotics

On Mar 6, 9:55 pm, John <slawmas...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm in the robotics club at my university and would like to try doing
some work with Lisp instead of all C/C++ like we've been doing. My
thought was that we'd have C code to interface with the sensors and
motors on a low level such as 'set left motor to 50% speed', then use
Lisp to do the rest. Can anyone who has worked with Lisp on robots
share your experiences? I'd like to find out how it worked for
everyone else.
Thanks

John

They use Scheme at MIT, and here are the results.... :)

http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.html

Cheers
--
Marco

  • Re: Lisp and robotics
    ... thought was that we'd have C code to interface with the sensors and ... motors on a low level such as 'set left motor to 50% speed', ... Lisp to do the rest. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Lisp and robotics
    ... Lisp to do the rest. ... I made an interface card that ... has the electronics to drive motors and read sensors. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Lisp and robotics
    ... motors on a low level such as 'set left motor to 50% speed', ... Lisp to do the rest. ... There was a significant community of Lisping roboteers in the late 80's ... and deliberative components of a three-layer architecture (not to be ...