Re: Lisper's first look at Haskell

On Mar 10, 7:51 am, Lars Rune Nøstdal <larsnost...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 23:28:07 +0000, Jon Harrop wrote:

<blabla>

from Lispers who, almost by definition, don't know any modern
programming languages.

many do, few care

Another one for my collection of lisp quotes.

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal http://nostdal.org/

  • Re: Lispers first look at Haskell
    ... from Lispers who, almost by definition, don't know any modern ... programming languages. ... many do, few care ... Lars Rune Nøstdal ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: looking for goodtutorial
    ... for the learner and the experienced users. ... Those experienced in other programming languages can learn a lot (about ... unless care is taken) by looking at the script ... Books at least are generally written by professional programmer/authors, ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: FORTH levels
    ... primarily concerned with results of their research rather than programming languages used in instruments. ... But you're right about one thing: astronomers don't care about programming languages. ... SPIE astronomy conferences are pretty representative of my base of customers and collaborators. ... They don't just attract professional astronomers, but also a fair sampling of aerospace and defense technology people. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Failover succeeds, again, and again, and again.
    ... schemes around (isn't that an FAQ entry?) and our Lab has most of ... Names of programming languages? ... We don't have to care, ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: C: The Complete Meta-Nonsense
    ... programming languages. ... The question of "Why do you post to Usenet?" ... (and all its variations, ... such as this "Why do you care?" ...
    (comp.lang.c)