command line parsing?

Hello Lispniks,

Is anybody aware of a good CL library for parsing command-line options?
I'm currently using cl-getopt (http://www.cliki.net/getopt), but it is
a little underdocumented, has problems (like throwing errors in certain
situations), and is missing some features typically encountered in such
libraries for other languages.

What I'm after is something akin to Python's optparse or GNU argp.
In particular, the one feature that I'm yearning for is automatic
help generating in response to -h or --help.

If nobody suggests an already existing alternative, I'll probably
start rolling my own, which means any feature and/or syntax suggestions
are welcome.

Thanks,
--
Daniel 'Nathell' Janus, moveat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://korpus.pl/~nathell
"Don't treat fictional people as if they were human beings.

  • Re: YUI--doomed?
    ... since Resig is known to despise you, it is more likely that the message sunk ... var eventSupported = function{ ... other "major" libraries as well. ... Sort of a double feature. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Graphic GUI C
    ... features in C99) is also a feature of C++. ... expect the C language and the C standard library to do everything; ... nothing is more commonplace than the need for one or more libraries in ... The same is true inside of WSH where all of the functionality ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Suggestions For Final Release WMP11
    ... down button that used to be next to now playing. ... will live in their libraries was the idea but it gives the choice not to. ... Allow the User to remove the top part of the list pane (with the album ... Allow the Video thumbnails (very useful and nice feature by the way!) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Re: Suggestions For Final Release WMP11
    ... I also want the now playing to remember the last files in its playlist ... will live in their libraries was the idea but it gives the choice not to. ... Allow the User to remove the top part of the list pane (with the album ... Allow the Video thumbnails (very useful and nice feature by the way!) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Re: Something like "ping" for windows messages.
    ... The third-party socket libraries I know of come with source (in a couple cases it's an ... But the CMutex layer didn't allow you to change that feature ... And what does a defective design of synchronization primitives relate to the ... solution is to buy a third-party socket libary that is designed to be portable. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)