Re: How to make time limited function?

On Mar 12, 10:44 pm, George Neuner <gneuner2/@/comcast.net> wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:40:23 -0700 (PDT), Slobodan Blazeski

<slobodan.blaze...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mar 12, 8:35 pm, Edi Weitz <spamt...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:26:35 -0700 (PDT), Slobodan Blazeski <slobodan.blaze...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How to make a time aware function that will return the result or
whatever if it goes over it's time limit?
(calculate-last-years-expenditures datasheet :secunds 15)
120 000 000
or
not-finished-yet if it goes over it's time slice

That's implementation-dependent.  See for example here:

 http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lw50/LWUG/html/lwuser-188.htm

Edi.

Thanks Edi. Do you have some experience with it, like running a huge
amount of them?

Slobodan

What I believe you're asking about is called an "engine" in Scheme.
An explanation and simple examples can be found here:http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/languages/scheme/tutorial-dsitaram/t-y-scheme-...

However, in Scheme, the simple implementation relies on general
continuations.
What about delimited ones?
 Offhand, I can think of a few complicated ways to
express the functionality in CL ... but not a simple way.
Give me whatever you have on your, starting from scratch is the
hardest.

  • Re: Once a CBer, always a CBer?
    ... had we had a time limit then we wouldn't ... We are told repeatedly that the scheme was ... created to "save" amateur radio, ... it too much to hope for that the RSGB now in decline will realise the ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)
  • Re: How to make time limited function?
    ... whatever if it goes over it's time limit? ... not-finished-yet if it goes over it's time slice ... That's implementation-dependent. ... What I believe you're asking about is called an "engine" in Scheme. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • adding up time over & under a specified amount
    ... I have a caregiver who comes 3 times a week. ... There is a time limit of 38 ... I've been trying to keep track of the over/under amount to know how ...
  • Re: How to make time limited function?
    ... whatever if it goes over it's time limit? ... not-finished-yet if it goes over it's time slice ... That's implementation-dependent. ... Thanks Edi. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: How to make time limited function?
    ... whatever if it goes over it's time limit? ... not-finished-yet if it goes over it's time slice ... That's implementation-dependent. ... European Common Lisp Meeting, Amsterdam, April 19/20, 2008 ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)