Re: Is it possible to see how many arguments a function take?

Brian wrote:
To get the number of values returned from form you could do (length
(multiple-value-list <form>)), but I don't know how without evaluating
the form.

Nor does Lisp itself; people are free to redefine functions, and functions can return different lists depending on the arguments, time of day, or anything else...

AFAIK, there isn't a standard way of declaring that "FOO always returns 3 arguments, of the form '(string fixnum function)".

- Daniel

  • Re: register caching of static variables
    ... > As far as the C standard is concerned, ... > program in the C standard AFAIK. ... The compiler is supposed to have done the assignment when ... in a register that is not the case. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: HD or BluRay?
    ... call it HD Arny? ... AFAIK, there is no standard. ... data that my HDTV capture card is processing for various TV shows. ...
    (rec.audio.tech)
  • Re: What is Negative Energy ???
    ... and then declaring, on the basis on his declaration to being a ... I 'll remind him of that standard applied to him, ... a lack of precision, to remind him a reasonable standard of precision ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: vrml & volume-rendering
    ... Either it is a fake using stacks of surfaces or a non standard ... browser extension. ... AFAIK in the X3D standard (X3D classical VRML encoding looks very similar to ... AFAIK this is a nonstandard extension ...
    (comp.lang.vrml)
  • Re: make a program that count lines in a text
    ... So far as I can tell, this program made every conceivable mistake. ... Declaring something out of a standard header... ...
    (comp.lang.c)