Re: Are we close to a Lisp boom ?

I do not think so. Lisp is significantly harder to learn than,
say, Ruby or Lua, and it provides less advantages to average
programmer than ever.

  • Re: Are we close to a Lisp boom ?
    ... If you'd said "beginner programmer" then I'd agree that there are ... I'm also not convinced that Ruby and Lua are a big step ... is mostly "just" a cleaned-up Perl (and Perl also kicks Ruby's ass in ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Are we close to a Lisp boom ?
    ... Majorinc Kazimir wrote: ... say, Ruby or Lua, and it provides less advantages to average ... programmer than ever. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: C in Science and Engineering...
    ... RM> programs in ruby or python is easier than writing it in some ... requires a lot more fiddly bits and programmer attention. ... I can accomplish it with one line of Perl. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: A question about Intelligent Systems and using Ruby
    ... >Programming Ruby ) asking him about something ... >he had written in his preface. ... >reports/articles about Intelligent Systems programmed using in Ruby. ... >* Analyst Programmer and Developer ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Ruby vs Java vs c++
    ... my feeling is that i hate BLOATED sluggish programs (like some Java ... speaking to one my programmer friends who is a top level Java ... such as Java or Ruby. ... truly appreciate a language like Ruby until you deal with a more... ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)