Re: A question (confusion) about closure

On May 6, 3:00 pm, Rainer Joswig <jos...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
In article
<7a360a2d-c283-41d4-a4f5-40c176fb4...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

Well, RMS worked on the Lisp Machine. He even wrote manuals for it.
He wrote for example the Zmail manual
and co-wrote the Window System Manual. He knew the system very well.
Including Flavors, the object system. He himself wrote an
object-system before there was Flavors. Lisp Machine Lisp was
dynamically scoped with some support for closures.
There was more experience with dynamically scoped Lisps at that time.

Hmmm, thank you Rainer; that was informative. I didn't realize that
RMS had written an object system. I must remember to refer to you when
I'm looking for historical tidbits.

agt
.