Re: Cells: Request for Kenny Tilton

Sohail Somani wrote:
Ken Tilton wrote:

Sohail Somani wrote:

Ken Tilton wrote:

I did a proof of concept once. Anonymous functions are sorely missed, but at least there is the preprocessor.

How did you get through it? It is brutal...

Proof of concept is shorthand for "skipped a lot", as in "not getting through it".

I /did/ experience the phenomenon of "if it compiles it is probably right". A ton of "debugging" happened as I clawed my way thru to a clean compile. That was actually cool, but then again I was not exploring, I was porting.

Yeah, type correctness == program correctness flames aside, I find that this is a benefit of C++. I'd still much rather be doing it in CL though.

All the C++ solutions for this problem are so bad it makes me cry.

Ah, got links? To C++ solutions, I mean.

IIANM, Adobe Adam involved a frickin /preprocessing pass/ before C++ could have at it, taking us back to Blub programmers thinking what they are doing is normal because, well, it is. I forgot my point.

kenny

--
http://smuglispweeny.blogspot.com/
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

  • Re: Cells: Request for Kenny Tilton
    ... Sohail Somani wrote: ... Anonymous functions are sorely missed, but at least there is the preprocessor. ... A ton of "debugging" happened as I clawed my way thru to a clean compile. ... ECLM rant: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1331906677993764413&hl=en ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Cells compared to Flow-Based Programming
    ... Sohail Somani wrote: ... It's a lot more fun programming when I can get to something tricky and just say f**k it, ... If you tag your posts with "30day" it should show up here: ... ECLM rant: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1331906677993764413&hl=en ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Cells: Request for Kenny Tilton
    ... Ken Tilton wrote: ... Sohail Somani wrote: ... but at least there is the preprocessor. ... A ton of "debugging" happened as I clawed my way thru to a clean compile. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Cells compared to Flow-Based Programming
    ... Sohail Somani wrote: ... The url immediately above is the feed I'm aggregating so if you make a post and it didn't show up, ... Anyway, in the interest of keeping the dinosaur old, I've adjusted the feed to pick up your interesting category name. ... ECLM rant: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1331906677993764413&hl=en ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)