Re: cl-sql

On May 15, 8:46 pm, gtasso <geta...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 16, 9:05 am, gtasso <geta...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is anybody using cl-sql to talk to ms sql on linux ? Apreciate some
pointers.

regards

George Tasso

here is what i did so far on a ubuntu 8.04

install cl-sql and cl-uffi

sudo apt-get install cl-sql
sudo apt-get install cl-uffi

install unixodbc and Free TDS

sudo apt-get install unixodbc
sudo apt-get install libgda3-freetds

configure unixodbc here is my configuration file..

[epicor]
Driver = libgda3-freetds
Description = Epicor
Trace = No
Server = my server ip
Port = 1433
Database = RBVDATA

start up sbcl

(require :asdf)
(require :clsql)
(use-package :clsql)

when i issue

(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'clsql-odbc)

i get this error :

(SB-IMPL::SIMPLE-FILE-PERROR
"error opening ~S"
#P"/usr/share/common-lisp/systems/clsql-odbc.asd" 40)

Any help appreciated.

George

Add these:

TextSize = 250000
TDS_Version = 7.0

You need to set Textsize to any big enough for you number, otherwise
you'll get errors when fetching text fields.
You need to set TDS version to correct one. 7 works for me (SQL Server
2000)

  • Re: cl-sql
    ... sudo apt-get install cl-sql ... sudo apt-get install cl-uffi ... install unixodbc and Free TDS ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: cl-sql
    ... sudo apt-get install cl-sql ... sudo apt-get install cl-uffi ... install unixodbc and Free TDS ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: cl-sql
    ... sudo apt-get install cl-uffi ... install unixodbc and Free TDS ... It looks like it may be file permissions. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)