Re: why are Macros special? & Protection of codes.

Thomas A. Russ wrote:
Well, you don't say which variety of Lisp you are using.

Hi, yes I'm using the common lisp implementation of CLISP on windows
XP.

You also don't quite say what level of effort you need to protect
against.

Although they're not professional hackers, some still would try to
mess with the code to make it "different" and our regulations won't
allow that. I guess if it's compiled in machine language they wouldn't
know how to really modify it in any meaningful way. Though the output
of the system's C compiler (like the one GCL uses) appears less
readable/decodable than the bytcode compiled file (like the one of
CLISP), I think both outputs would be difficult to understand just by
the human eye looking at the code opened in any text editor right?
Ideally I would like to generate excutable (exe) programs but I think
that's not an easy option in CL.

  • Re: compile and run Lisp
    ... still i don't know which compiler I ... how to compile and run my Lisp program. ... CLISP can only be done through command prompt or is some GUI available. ... As for a Windows environment, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Regarding Lisp/Scheme
    ... >>You can use the free CLisp with cygwin on windows. ... No. clisp contains a compiler, just as cmucl and ecl have one too. ... hardware) "hate" Linux and won't support t well. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: hunchentoot start
    ... HB> I tried the same thing in clisp: ... HB> when I open emacs. ... Well, if you want a web server which works on CLISP, actually CLISP comes with one internally. ... While in Windows I needed to. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Symbol macros dont capture their lexical environments?
    ... And yet you posted a transcript of running that code in CLisp without ... and instead "leaking" internal compiler information. ... and the very reason why I had brought up ... especially when all other implementations ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: ECL/Qt demo for Win32
    ... > makes a .fasl out of lisp source. ... > use clisp executable to run it? ... compiler for each machine out there? ... Learn a new assembler code for each platform (i386, x64, Itanium, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)