Re: why are Macros special? & Protection of codes.

Francogrex <franco@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Thomas A. Russ wrote:
Well, you don't say which variety of Lisp you are using.

Hi, yes I'm using the common lisp implementation of CLISP on windows
XP.

You mean "the clisp implementation of Common Lisp."
or "the Common Lisp implementation (named) clisp".

clisp is the implementation.
Common Lisp is the language.

You also don't quite say what level of effort you need to protect
against.

Although they're not professional hackers, some still would try to
mess with the code to make it "different" and our regulations won't
allow that. I guess if it's compiled in machine language they wouldn't
know how to really modify it in any meaningful way. Though the output
of the system's C compiler (like the one GCL uses) appears less
readable/decodable than the bytcode compiled file (like the one of
CLISP), I think both outputs would be difficult to understand just by
the human eye looking at the code opened in any text editor right?
Ideally I would like to generate excutable (exe) programs but I think
that's not an easy option in CL.

On the contrary, there's nothing simplier:

#+clisp(ext:saveinitmem "your-pgm"
:executable t
:norc t
:init-function (function main))

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__

  • The Hyperspec and portability between Common Lisp compilers (long)
    ... CLISP was my second attempt. ... Linj compiler of working correctly in CLISP. ... The next Common Lisp compiler in my list was Allegro. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Qi Seems Great
    ... An implementation of Common Lisp with some extensions. ... A Compiler ... When clisp is not an uncommon abbreviation for the programming language ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Lisp is Sin
    ... Lisp itself is an exception to that rule. ... >> Almost all Common Lisp compilers are written in Common Lisp. ... The compiler of CLISP is written in Common Lisp: ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • GNU CLISP 2.34 (2005-07-20)
    ... ANSI Common Lisp is a high-level, ... GNU CLISP is a Common Lisp implementation by Bruno Haible of Karlsruhe ... New customizable generic functions ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • GNU CLISP 2.34 (2005-07-20)
    ... ANSI Common Lisp is a high-level, ... GNU CLISP is a Common Lisp implementation by Bruno Haible of Karlsruhe ... New customizable generic functions ...
    (comp.os.linux.announce)