A way to get rid of readmacros

This is no surprise that CL is ugly and, as usually, there
is an urgent need that I fix it. So here I am.

While doing read-eval we have no access to the stream
we read from. If we fix it, we can get rid of readmacros
or at least get a significant relief from that pain.

E.g., we can write
'(hallo #.(preserve-case-1) Lisper)
and get
(HALLO |Lisper|)

Also we can write
'(#.(in-package-1 :my-package) foo foo)
and get
'(my-package:foo foo)

http://paste.lisp.org/display/78029

Enjoy!

(in fact code is not tested well)
P.S. Don't forget to intern let1 into your cl package.

  • Re: ptrace denies access to EFLAGS_RF
    ... > To my surprise, applying the same fix to the x86_64 does not ... > solve the problem on my Opteron box. ... > offset matches with what the kernel is expecting. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Talent Shows
    ... fix which Simon Cowell flatly rejects. ... Wouldn't surprise me one bit. ... This year's final finalist ('cos some I fancied made it through to the final but haven't appeared) had some dross, including one singer who got buzzed off in her heat. ... I've got the PDF file and I can see why he wants it hidden. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Garmin 300XL GPS Approach didnt arm
    ... approach GPS 20 at RUQ, Rowan County, NC) into my Garmin 300XL. ... I flew the approach from initial fix to the final fix but the approach never armed and consequently never activated. ... It seems with the current crop of units you can memorize the whole user manual, play with the simulator 'til you're blue in the face, and it can still surprise you with stuff that doesn't work the way you think it should. ...
    (rec.aviation.ifr)
  • Re: Shop Wall and Electric
    ... To my surprise, it only took me 30 minutes to diagnose and fix it. ... It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Is there any difference in rust level between 5 weeks off versus 10 weeks off?
    ... He will fix that this year, I am sure, if the ... Not a surprise... ... blah blah you're talking about achievements not on court form. ... Not surprising given Fed definitely loses that match-up v Rafa & you'd never admit it. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)