Re: compiling (Qi to) Lisp to Python: some observations

On 16 Apr, 13:00, Slobodan Blazeski <slobodan.blaze...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
How do you mean you've compiled to Python? Python is a compiler.

bobi

I mean that Qi can now produce (type secure) Python code as well as
type secure CL. The command is

(quip "<filename here>.qi")

and the resultant Python file is "<filename here>.py. This allows me
to plug in my Qi code into the well-provided Python libraries. My
provider soes not support CL but does support Python.

Eventually we will run the system under Qi/tk and you'll just click on
'File ...' and 'Output to ...' and choose what language you want your
Qi program outputted to - CL, Python, NewLisp, Clojure - even perhaps
C if we bolt on CLiCC.

Mark

  • Re: Finding the instance reference of an object [long and probably boring]
    ... See, Python is call-by-reference!!! ... on "tricks" and indirect techniques as in the Python code above? ... trouble when, instead of assigning 1, you are assigning (a reference ... "Person foo;" declares a person reference. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Case Sensitive, Multiline Comments
    ... AND COWBOY PROGRAMMING ... YOU ARE NOT "SUPPOSED" TO PROGRAM PYTHON "YOUR WAY". ... PERL IS MORE OF A COWBOY LANUGAGE. ... IMO IT'S A STRENGTH OF PYTHON THAT PYTHON CODE IS ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • New on CTAN: PythonTeX
    ... The PythonTeX package allows you to enter Python code within a LaTeX ... document, execute the code, and access its output in the original ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Is there a "Large Scale Python Software Design" ?
    ... tried TDD, they are unlikely to lump it in with simple "unit testing" ... 100,000 lines of Python code including tests. ... but relying on unit tests as your first and only ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Start Python at client side from web app
    ... can send signed python code to the client PC. ... The signature prevents others from executing ... extension which will launch the python interpreter on your file. ...
    (comp.lang.python)